Engineering and Commissioning of Automation & Instrumentation system for the world’s largest HVDC Offshore Substation Platform, Germany
Leading European electricity Transmission System Operator (TSO) chose to implement the third Wind Grid connection project of the world’s largest HVDC Offshore Substation Platform (OSP) nearly 130 kilometers off the German coast in the North Sea, at a water depth of approximately 40 meters.
A major International Service provider in the Energy Industry chose Sarla Technologies to deliver Engineering and Commissioning of ‘Automation & Instrumentation’ systems for this project.
Key Areas in the project included:
Engineering and Pre-commissioning, Dubai
Integration of the below mentioned systems with PLC System
- BMS Systems: AHUs, FCUs, LCUs, Dampers
- Integration of BCUs (bay control units) with the Power Management System.
- Integration of smoke detectors, IR detectors, H2 detectors with FIFI system.
- SCADA / SICAM 230 configuration – Graphic design, Alarm management, Historian, Trends, and Reports.
- IED configuration, Interlock & Network configuration.
Onsite Commissioning in North Sea, Germany
- Cable laying & Cable termination from instruments to the Control cabinets
- Installation and calibration of Instruments (level sensors, level transmitters, flow meters, flow sensors, DPT)
- Commissioning of SICAM 230 server / client in different network-ICMS LAN & Server/ Client LAN
- Commissioning of Siemens S7-400H Redundant Control System
- Performance Trials for Control system.
- Operational Support
Systems and Tools
- SICAM 230 SERVERS – Main & Redundant, ICMS SERVERS – Main & Redundant
- S7-400H redundant control system
- International Standards: IEC-101, IEC-61850