Customized Software Solution to work as Interface between the ERP system and PCS 7 Batch Control System
- A global water-based coatings manufacturer sought a customized software solution to work as a batch parser between the ERP system and SIMATIC PCS 7 Batch control system in its manufacturing unit based in Singapore.
- A leading Manufacturing IT solution provider chose Sarla Technologies to develop this solution, given our extensive experience and expertise in Batch Control System automation.
- Development of Software solution to work as a Parser between JDE ERP system and Siemens PCS7 Batch systems.
- Software solution to perform following functions:
- Read work order (PCS 7 batch) from ERP (Item No., Start Date, Manufacturing Tank, Batch Size) in xml format.
- Parse the information for ERP and match it with a Master Recipe which are already created in PCS7 Batch.
- Send a command/trigger event to create new PCS 7 batch based on the information from ERP.
- Read the status of the created PCS7 batch.
- Send an xml file indicating a completion of PCS7 batch to ERP.
- The Batch Parser provides function calls to:
- Access to SIMATIC BATCH objects and data.
- Navigate through SIMATIC BATCH object hierarchies, as well as Create, Update, Delete SIMATIC batch.
- Fetch Master recipe, existing batches, Batch quantity, Batch start data, Batch status etc.
- Create output xml files based on status of batch.
- Send Mail if any error occurs during operation. .
Systems and Tools
- SIMATIC PCS7
- JDE ERP
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Task Scheduler
- SQLite database
- C#, NLog, WPF Application