Customized Software Solution to work as Interface between the ERP system and PCS 7 Batch Control System
- A global water-based coatings manufacturer sought a customized software solution to work as a batch parser between the ERP system and SIMATIC PCS 7 Batch control system in its manufacturing unit based in Singapore.
- A leading Manufacturing IT solution provider chose Sarla Technologies to develop this solution, given our extensive experience and expertise in Batch Control System automation.
- Development of Software solution to work as a Parser between JDE ERP system and Siemens PCS7 Batch systems.
- Software solution to perform following functions:
- Read work order (PCS 7 batch) from ERP (Item No., Start Date, Manufacturing Tank, Batch Size) in xml format.
- Parse the information for ERP and match it with a Master Recipe which are already created in PCS7 Batch.
- Send a command/trigger event to create new PCS 7 batch based on the information from ERP.
- Read the status of the created PCS7 batch.
- Send an xml file indicating a completion of PCS7 batch to ERP.
- The Batch Parser provides function calls to:
- Access to SIMATIC BATCH objects and data.
- Navigate through SIMATIC BATCH object hierarchies, as well as Create, Update, Delete SIMATIC batch.
- Fetch Master recipe, existing batches, Batch quantity, Batch start data, Batch status etc.
- Create output xml files based on status of batch.
- Send Mail if any error occurs during operation. .
Systems and Tools
- SIMATIC PCS7
- JDE ERP
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Task Scheduler
- SQLite database
- C#, NLog, WPF Application
Related Success Stories Of Software Development
Laboratory Information Management System for Leading Chemical Company in India
Automatic Material Handling System for Leading Pharmaceuticals Company UK
Gluing Beed Detection Application Development for Leading Automotive Company, Germany
Remote Monitoring Solutions of Water bodies using Cloud Managed Service, The Netherlands