OEE Monitoring on Ignition 8.1 SCADA for a N95 masks manufacturing unit in the USA
- A Multinational Conglomerate wanted to implement IIoT solutions for one of its N95 mask manufacturing unit located in the USA. Sarla Technologies was chosen by a global IT company to provide scalable end-to-end data connectivity solution from plant floor to analytics platform including OEE dashboard development.
- The project involved:
- Data aggregation from multiple plants at central location.
- OEE dashboard development and alarm monitoring at central location.
- OEE calculation for each machine in the plant.
- Integration of central data aggregator with Analytics software (using Kafka) to share plant data.
Systems and Tools
- Ignition 8.1
- Ignition SDK
- IIoT – Cirrus Link MQTT modules
(Distributor, Engine and Transmitter)
- Matrikon Flex Dispatch Data broker
- Installation and configuration of Matrikon OPC Broker to facilitate data transfer between Plant PLCs and Onsite Ignition Gateway.
- Installation and configuration of Cirrus Link MQTT Transmission module on Onsite Ignition gateway to publish data to the Enterprise Ignition gateway.
- Installation and Configuration of Cirrus Link MQTT Engine and Distributor module at the Enterprise Ignition gateway to receive data from multiple plants.
- Custom development of OEE calculation engine on Ignition platform using python scripting, tags & transaction module.
- OEE dashboard development and implementation of OEE calculation engine for each machine in the plant at Enterprise Ignition Gateway.
- Custom Ignition module development for converting data into Json format to transfer it using kafka stream.
- Integration between Enterprise Ignition gateway and client’s analytics platform for data analysis.
- End-to-end data connectivity from plant floor to analytics platform with scalable model.